R 271706Z DEC 17
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N2N6// INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N2N6//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N2N6/DEC// *SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS CHALLENGE//*
REF/A/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/101423ZNOV16//
REF/C/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/281648ZAUG17//
NARR/REF A IS NAVADMIN 249/16 PROVIDING GUIDANCE FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING. REF B IS THE SECRETARY NAVY INSTRUCTION DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY (DON) CYBERSECURITY POLICY WHICH ESTABLISHES DON POLICY FOR CYBERSECURITY. REF C IS NAVADMIN 210/17, GENERAL MILITARY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS WITH NAVY CIVILIAN TRAINING GUIDANCE// POC/VIEIRA/CIV/OPNAV N2N6G11/-/TEL: (703) 695-7809 /EMAIL: MICHAEL.VIEIRA(AT)NAVY.MIL//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN supersedes reference (a) and provides guidance for the FY18 Cybersecurity Awareness training requirement. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) has released Cyber Awareness Challenge 2018 (also referred to as CAC version 5).
2. Per references (b) and (c), Navy personnel, civilians, and contractors with access to Unclassified or Secret networks must complete the Department of Defense (DoD) employee version of the Cyber Awareness Challenge (CAC). Navy personnel, civilians, and contractors with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information must complete the Intelligence Community (IC) version of the CAC.
3. Personnel who have already completed CAC version 4, either DoD employee or IC version as applicable, for FY18 General Military Training (GMT) after 1 October 2017 have satisfied the GMT requirement and do not have to complete CAC 2018. All remaining Navy personnel (military personnel, civilians, and contractors), must complete the CAC 2018, either DoD employee or IC versions as applicable, by 30 September 2018 in order to satisfy the FY18 CAC GMT requirement.
4. Authorized methods for training delivery: a. Total Workforce Management Service (TWMS), twms.navy.mil/selfservice/login.asp; b. Navy e-Learning (NEL), learning.nel.navy.mil (Note: the Navy My Navy Portal, www.MNP.navy.mil/group/general -skills-training/gmt will also redirect users to the NEL link) c. DISA Website, iatraining.disa.mil/eta/disa_cac2018 /launchPage.htm d. Other approved training sources, DISA Digital Video Discs (DVDs).
5. Ships can access the annual training from the NEL application hosted on the Navy Information/Application Product Suite (NIAPS) server, eliminating the need to reach back to shore hosted NEL websites. The CAC 2018 (DoD employee and IC) courses are available via the NEL Afloat Learning Management System Pub Amendment 112 for download by the NIAPS Administrator using the normal manual NIAPS distance support update process. If unable to download Learning Management System Pub Amendment 112, ships can request a DVD with these files to be mailed by submitting a support request to Navy 311. Additionally, CAC 2018 (DoD employee and IC) on DVD are available from DISA. To pre-order, download, and submit a DoD Information Assurance Training and Awareness Product order form from iasecontent.disa.mil/eta/products_order_form.pdf. Include a written note in the comments section to ask for “Cyber Awareness Challenge” Version 5.0 CDs, when available.
6. Although Cybersecurity Awareness training is an individual responsibility, commanders and commanding officers are accountable for 100 percent certification of their personnel. Training officers are responsible for ensuring their personnel complete and properly document the required training, meanwhile the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) is responsible for reporting compliance to meet Federal Information Security Modernization Act of 2014 requirements.
7. Command training officers must validate training via TWMS or Fleet Training Management and Planning System (FLTMPS) (https:/ /ntmpsweb.ncdc.navy.mil/Fltmps/) authoritative database. Training officers will manually record training completed via the DISA website, or DISA DVDs in FLTMPS using the Learning Event Completion Form. Report any discrepancies to the Navy Training Management Planning System Operational Support office at ntmps.support(AT)navy.mil or 1-866-438-2898/DSN 922-1867.
8. Echelon II training officers are responsible for maintaining a list of personnel who have fulfilled the training requirement in addition to compiling data in TWMS for their respective area of responsibility. The command ISSM will disable accounts of users who do not complete the training by 30 September 2018.
9. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until cancelled or superseded.
10. Released by VADM Jan E. Tighe, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare, OPNAV N2N6.//
BT #0001 NNNN UNCLASSIFIED//
R 271706Z DEC 17