RAAUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 2031457-UUUU--RUCRNAD.
R 221457Z JUL 13
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: 2013 FEDS FEED FAMILIES FOOD DRIVE CAMPAIGN UNCLASSIFIED/
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS/JUL//
SUBJ/2013 FEDS FEED FAMILIES FOOD DRIVE CAMPAIGN//
NARR/REF A IS ALNAV 044/13 (SUBJ: 2013 FEDS FEEDS FAMILIES (FFF) ANNUAL FOOD). REF B IS
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MEMO AND PLAN OF ACTION IN SUPPORT OF THE 2013 FFF FOOD DRIVE.//
POC/RAMA LATIN/DON COMPONENT CHAMPION/EMAIL: RAMA.LATIN(AT)NAVY.MIL/
TEL: (703) 697-1760//
POC/GLENDA HARRISON/CNIC N00R/EMAIL: GLENDA.HARRISON(AT)NAVY.MIL/TEL:
(202) 433-4057/6990, DSN: 288//
RMKS/1. In support of the 5th annual "Feds Feed Families" (FFF) food drive, the Deputy Secretary of
Defense has requested Department of Defense (DoD) support through donations of non-perishable food
items for distribution to local food banks nationwide as a direct response to the "United We Serve" Act
signed by President Obama in April 2009.
2. Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) is designated as the Navy's lead organization and
supported Commander for this initiative.
The FFF food drive is scheduled to run through 31 August 2013 and is an excellent opportunity for our
Sailors and civilians to support their communities.
3. Concept of operations:
A. Food collection data:
(1) Religious offering funds may be donated to non-profit
501(c)(3) food banks if clearly contributing to the FFF campaign, stating "Department of the Navy
(2) DoD has approved a dollar to food conversion rate for this years FFF campaign of "$1 equals 5 lbs."
(3) Receiving charities can include organizations such as community food banks, local Red Cross
pantries, Salvation Army food kitchens and the like.
B. Navy commands are to designate a FFF command representative to coordinate this initiative with the
key CNIC representatives; installation Chaplains or Public Affairs Officers.
C. FFF drop off and collection points have been staged throughout each Navy installation.
D. Each Monday (starting 29 July), installation FFF representative will collect weekly reports from their
tenant command and report consolidated numbers (lbs) to the region FFF representative by COB Tues.
CNIC will provide the weekly report template to the region.
E. By 1700 EDT each Wed, region FFF representatives will forward consolidated weekly reports to CNIC,
who will then report/upload data into the Taskers system (TV5).
F. Weekly report template includes the following info:
(1) Command participation information (names, location)
(2) Weight, in pounds, of food collected
(3) If applicable, food bank recipient
(4) Other info:
(a) Public affairs articles and photos
(b) Individuals/teams to be recognized/thanked for participation
(c) Comments, concerns, requests for facilitation
4. Additional details are available through the following link:
5. Released by Vice Admiral R. W. Hunt, Director, Navy Staff.//