R 261704Z JUN 17
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/ FY-18 RECRUIT TRAINING COMMAND CHIEF PETTY OFFICER SELECTEE BACK TO
BOOT CAMP HERITAGE LEGACY TRAINING//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the 2017 Chief Petty Officer (CPO) Back to
Boot Camp Heritage Legacy Training. Recruit Training Command located in
Great Lakes, IL will host fiscal year 2018 CPO selectees from 28 August to 1
2. CPO selectees and their sponsors will be hosted at Recruit Training
Command and enjoy the same type of accommodations as recruits. The selectees
will experience leadership and heritage training that is central to Recruit
Training Command and the mission, vision, and guiding principles of the
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy. The events will culminate with CPO
selectees participating in the recruit training capstone event, Battle
Stations-21, a 12-hour, all-inclusive training scenario. Upon completion of
Battle Stations-21, CPO selectees will attend a recruit graduation ceremony.
3. Only 150 CPO selectees (max 75 male/75 female) and 15 Chief mentors are
authorized. Commands should provide one CPO mentor for every 10 selectees in
attendance. Reserve CPO selectee and Active CPO selectee nominations are due
to the point of contact one week following the release of the respective
selection board results. All personnel selected for participation will be
notified on 14 August 2017.
4. CPO selectees and their sponsors will not be authorized visitors at
Recruit Training Command. Additionally, CPO selectees and their sponsors
will not be permitted to depart Recruit Training Command during the heritage
legacy training. Commands must ensure strict compliance with uniform
appearance and sea bag requirements.
5. Quotas, cost, schedule of events, sea bag requirements, and detailed
arrangements will be provided upon billet confirmation.
6. Point of contact is YNCS James Jordon who can be reached at
(847) 688-2872/DSN 792 or via e-mail at james.jordon(at)navy.mil.
7. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//