R 241959Z JAN 18
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JAN//
SUBJ/PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL CHOICES SURVEY//
RMKS/1. Navy recently released the Personal and Professional Choices Survey
on Max.gov. 80,000 active-duty Sailors were invited to participate in the
voluntary, anonymous survey and the Navy needs command leaders to help
increase response rates.
2. The Personal and Professional Choices Survey addresses many issues,
including retention, work/life balance, family planning, pregnancy and
parenthood and medical care, and results from the survey directly impact new
and existing Navy policies. The 15-minute survey opened on 17 January 2018
and will close on 23 February 2018. If a Sailor is selected to participate,
they will receive a notification email from max.gov, the survey platform,
with directions on how to take the survey.
3. Navy requests all command triads speak to their Sailors about the value
of the survey and to emphasize the importance of participating. Many Sailors
doubt the anonymity and value of the survey or simply experience survey-
fatigue. Communication from leadership on the importance of participating
will help mitigate these factors.
4. Point of contact is the Office of Inclusion and Diversity (OPNAV N1D) at
5. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until 23 February 2018.
6. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//