RTTUZYUW RHOIAAA0001 2522111-UUUU--RHSSSUU.
R 092056Z SEP 14
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/2014 VICE ADMIRAL JAMES BOND STOCKDALE LEADERSHIP AWARD WINNERS
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/SEP//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the 2014 recipients of the Vice
Admiral James Bond Stockdale award. Commander David G. Duff,
Commanding Officer of VFA-14 (Pacific Fleet) and CDR Thomas J.
Dickinson, Commanding Officer of USS Barry (DDG 52) (Fleet Forces
Command) was selected for their inspirational leadership.
2. This fleet award was established in honor of VADM James Bond
Stockdale, whose distinguished naval career symbolized the highest
standards of excellence in both personal example and leadership.
The award is presented annually to two commissioned officers on
active duty in the grade of commander or below who are serving in
command of a single ship, submarine, aviation squadron, Sea, Air,
Land (SEAL) team, naval special warfare squadron, SEAL delivery
vehicle team, special boat team, explosive ordnance disposal mobile
unit, mobile diving and salvage unit, or Navy special clearance team
during the nomination cycle. Candidates are nominated by peers who
themselves must be eligible for the award.
3. The 2014 winners were chosen from among eight outstanding
finalists in a review process that included screening at the Fleet
Commander level and final selection by a board of senior officers.
4. The following finalists deserve well-earned congratulations:
a. Pacific Fleet finalists:
- CDR Martin J. Muckian, Commanding Officer, USS Greeneville
- CDR David M. Ray, former Commanding Officer, USS New
Orleans (LPD 18)
- CDR Andrew J. Thomson, Commanding Officer, USS John Paul
Jones (DDG 53)
- CDR Brian D. Weiss, former Commanding Officer, VP-9
b. Fleet Forces Command finalists:
- CDR Greg M. Zettler, Commanding Officer, USS Norfolk
- CDR Daryle D. Cardone, former Commanding Officer, VAW-121
5. CDR David G. Duff and CDR Thomas J. Dickinson, as well as all
nominees, should be justifiably proud of their achievements.
6. Awards will be presented at a ceremony to be determined at a
7. This NAVADMIN will be canceled for record purposes on
30 November 2014.
8. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//