R 131744Z JUN 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS/JUN//
SUBJ/2016 FEDS FEED FAMILIES FOOD DRIVE CAMPAIGN//
NARR/REF A IS DEPUTY SECRETARY OF DEFENSE MEMO IN SUPPORT OF 2016 FEDS FEEDS
FAMILIES (FFF) ANNUAL FOOD DRIVE.
REF B IS UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE MEMO ANNOUNCING THE 2016 FFF
POC/RAMA LATIN/DON CHAMPION/EMAIL: RAMA.LATIN (AT) NAVY.MIL/TEL:
POC/CDR PHILIP KING/CNIC N00R/EMAIL: PHILIP.KING2 (AT) NAVY.MIL/TEL:
(202) 433-4057/6990, DSN: 288//
RMKS/1. In support of the 8th annual "Feds Feed Families" (FFF) food drive,
the Deputy Secretary of Defense has requested Department of Defense (DoD)
support through donations of non-perishable food items for distribution to
local food banks nationwide as a direct response to the "United We Serve Act
signed by President Obama in April 2009.
2. Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) is designated as the Navy's
lead organization and supported Commander for this initiative. The FFF food
drive is scheduled to run through 31 August 2016 and is an excellent
opportunity for our sailors and civilians to support their communities.
3. Concept of operations:
a. Food collection data:
(1) Religious offering funds may be donated to non-profit
501(c)(3) food banks if clearly contributing to the FFF campaign,
stating "Department of the Navy contribution."
(2) DoD has approved a dollar to food conversion rate for this year's
FFF campaign of "$1 equals 5 lbs."
(3) Receiving charities can include organizations such as community
food banks, local Red Cross pantries, Salvation Army food kitchens and the
b. Navy commands are to designate a FFF command representative to
coordinate this initiative with their nearest installation Chaplain.
c. FFF drop off and collection points are to be established throughout
each Navy installation, by either the FFF command representative or
d. Each Monday, installation FFF representatives will collect weekly
reports from their tenant command FFF representatives and report consolidated
numbers (lbs) to region FFF Chaplains by close of business Tuesday. A
standard DoD report template authorized under SECNAV RCS 12950-1 can be found
e. Region Chaplains upload weekly progress report compiled from there
subordinate units using the "2016 FFF Reporting Format Template," located at:
f. The weekly report template includes the following info:
(1) Command participation information (names, location).
(2) Weight, in pounds, of food collected.
(3) If applicable, food bank recipient.
(4) Other info:
(a) Public affairs articles and photos.
(b) Individuals/teams to be recognized/thanked for
(c) Comments, concerns, requests for facilitation.
4. Additional details are available through the following link:
5. Released by Vice Admiral R. L. Thomas, Director, Navy Staff.//