R 051800Z AUG 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/AUG//
SUBJ/2016 MRS. SYBIL STOCKDALE OMBUDSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS//
RMKS/1. I am pleased to announce the selection of four outstanding Ombudsmen
as the 2016 Mrs. Sybil Stockdale Ombudsman of the Year Award recipients.
2. The following Ombudsmen were nominated by their commanding officers for
serving their command and families with extraordinary, selfless dedication
and commitment to family readiness.
a. Mrs. Kelly Sperry, Ombudsman for USS KEARSARGE (LPD 3), representing
sea commands under Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command.
b. Mrs. Julie Pratt, Ombudsman for SEAL Team ONE, representing sea
commands under Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet.
c. Mrs. Amy Anderson, Force Ombudsman for Commander, Submarine Force,
Atlantic, representing all naval shore activities in the Navy.
d. Mrs. Elaine Allen, Ombudsman for Navy Operational Support Center
North Island, representing all Reserve commands under Commander, Navy Reserve
3. Bravo Zulu to all command ombudsmen who maintain the highest standards of
professionalism and create a healthy sense of community by being positive
role models for command members and their families.
4. The Stockdale Ombudsman of the Year Awards will be presented at the
Hampton Roads Ombudsman Assembly Appreciation Dinner, 29 September 2016 at
the Virginia Beach Convention Center, Virginia Beach, VA.
5. Commander, Navy Installations Command point of contact is Ms.
Renee C. Harris, Ombudsman Program Manager, (202) 433-3165 (DSN 288), email
6. Released by Vice Admiral R. L. Thomas, Director Navy Staff.//