R 291628Z SEP 17
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/SEP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR FY-19 COMMAND MASTER CHIEF AND COMMAND SENIOR CHIEF SELECTION
AMPN/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1306.2H, COMMAND SENIOR ENLISTED LEADER PROGRAM.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN solicits applications for the FY-19 Command Master
Chief (CMDCM) and Command Senior Chief (CMDCS) Selection Board. The duties
and responsibilities of the CMDCM and CMDCS are contained in reference (a).
The FY-19 CMDCM/CMDCS Selection Board is scheduled 29 January - 02 February
2. Highly motivated master chiefs and senior chiefs who meet the
requirements of reference (a) are encouraged to apply for the program. The
deadline to apply is 8 December 2017 and packages emailed or postmarked on or
after 9 December 2017 will not be considered.
3. Eligible master chiefs will not have greater than 26 years of service
(YOS). Eligible senior chiefs will not have greater than 22 YOS. All
eligible candidates must be onboard current duty station minimum of 12
months. Frocked senior chiefs are not eligible for the program. A waiver,
no greater than 6 months, may be considered based on a fleet master chief
(FLTCM) or respective force master chief (FORCM) endorsement. Contact the
CMDCM/CMDCS detailer (PERS-
40FF) at james.w.osborne1(at)navy.mil or assistant detailer
katherine.zamora(at)navy.mil for a waiver example. Waivers must be submitted
with the package no later than 8 December 2017.
4. Packages are to be completed and submitted per reference (a).
Full social security number and name must be on all pages of the package.
Forms are available for download from naval forms online
npc/reference/forms/NAVPERS/Pages/default.aspx. In addition to requirements
contained in reference (a), packages shall include:
a. Cover letter to include full name, full social security number, work
phone number, personal phone number, work email address, and personal email
b. Letter of endorsement signed by the current commanding officer (CO)
which cannot be delegated.
c. Letter of endorsement signed by the CMDCM.
d. Letter of endorsement signed by the FORCM. All full-time support
(FTS) and selected reserve (SELRES) candidates will go through the Reserve
e. Command Master Chief Selection Nomination (NAVPERS 1306/95). This
form will be used to document the completion of the CMDCM/Chief of the
Boat/CMDCS charge book (OPNAV 1306/1), and to document the endorsement and
recommendations of the board. The board will consist of the following:
(1) Immediate Superior-in-Command (ISIC) CMDCM as chairperson (9580)
(2) Post-tour CMDCM (9580)
(3) Serving CMDCM (9580, 9579, 9578)
f. Clear copies of the last five chief evaluations or fitness reports.
g. Copy of graduation certificate from Senior Enlisted Academy or
equivalent course attended.
h. Physical health assessment data contained in PRIMS documenting
Physical Readiness Test (PRT) and Body Composition Assessment (BCA) to
include Cycle 2 2017.
i. Official photograph. Full front and side view, color photographs in
service khaki (no cover) taken within 30 days of package submission.
5. CMDCM/CMDCS Program selectees will not normally be detailed to CMDCM or
CMDCS billets until they have served a minimum of 24 months on board their
6. All active-duty CMDCM/CMDCS packages will be collected by the respective
FORCM or ISIC CMDCM and emailed to james.w.osborne1(at)navy.mil and
7. All FTS/SELRES CMDCM/CMDCS packages will be submitted to
8. All active-duty and FTS/SELRES packages may also be mailed to the
Navy Personnel Command
ATTN PERS 40FF CMDCM CMDCS Detailer
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055-4000
9. Point of contact is CMDCM(SW/AW) James Osborne, PERS-40FF, at
(901) 874-4560/DSN 882 or via e-mail at james.w.osborne1(at)navy.mil
(active) or CMDCM Jeffery Sliker, PERS-4012C, at (901) 874-3257/DSN
882 or via e-mail at jeffrey.sliker(at)navy.mil (FTS) or YNC Derrick Farrell
at (757) 322-2432 or via e-mail at derrick.farrell(at)navy.mil (SELRES).
10. This message is canceled for record purposes on 30 September 2019.
11. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//