R 061900Z MAR 17
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAR//
SUBJ/CHANGE TO NUCLEAR OFFICER INCENTIVE PAY CONTINUATION PAY RATES//
AMPN/REF A IS OPNAVINST 7220.11E, NUCLEAR OFFICER INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces a change to the Nuclear Officer Incentive
Pay Continuation Pay (COPAY) rate.
2. Navy leadership remains committed to retaining top-performing nuclear-
trained officers. Effective immediately, the COPAY annual rate for nuclear-
trained submarine officers with less than 24 years of service is raised from
30,000 to 35,000 dollars. This is one of several initiatives in progress to
retain top performing submarine officers.
3. This new continuation bonus pay rate of 35,000 dollars for 3 year (YR),
4-YR, 5-YR, 6-YR, and 7-YR contracts replaces that of enclosure (1) of
reference (a) for unrestricted line submarine officers. All other COPAY
contract rates remain unchanged and the new 3-YR rate change applies only to
follow-on or replacement contracts. For initial contracts, officers are
obligated to complete a Department Head tour. Eligible officers serving on
an existing COPAY agreement may re-negotiate a 3-YR, 4-YR, 5-YR, 6-YR, or 7-
YR contract with a period that extends to, or beyond, an existing agreement.
Officers desiring a replacement contract should utilize enclosure (3) of
4. All other bonus and incentive pays authorized by reference (a) remain
5. Point of Contact is LT Joshua Wingfield, PERS-421D, who can be reached at
(901) 874-3934/DSN 884 or via email at joshua.wingfield(at)navy.mil.
6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or canceled,
whichever occurs first.
7. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//