RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0085 1041727-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 141732Z APR 14 PSN 569986H43
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/APR//
SUBJ/FY-15 LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM SELECTION BOARD//
AMPN/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1520.7F, LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces convening of the FY-15 Law Education Program
(LEP) Selection Board in February 2015. Applications for this board must be
received NLT 26 September 2014. Ref (a) provides information about LEP and
application procedures. Where information differs between this NAVADMIN and
ref (a), this NAVADMIN takes precedence.
2. Participants must begin law school utilizing LEP orders NLT September
2015 and prior to the sixth anniversary of their active duty commencement
date. This active duty time includes any enlisted service. Officers whose
sixth anniversary occurs prior to September 2015 must ensure they apply only
to schools which permit starting the Juris Doctor course of study prior to
their anniversary date.
3. Per ref (a), eligible officers who desire to apply for the FY-15 LEP must
submit a written request with current contact information and official
college transcripts from each school attended NLT 26 September 2014, via
their commanding officer to:
Center for Personal and Professional Development (CPPD)
Voluntary Education Detachment
Attn: Code N2A2 LEP
6490 Saufley Field Road
Pensacola, FL 32509-5204
4. An applicant's Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score report must be
received prior to convening of the selection board in February 2015, but may
be submitted via separate correspondence. Website screenshots of LSAT scores
will not be accepted.
5. Applicants are required to contact PERS-4416E to schedule an interview
with a senior (O5 or O6) active duty Judge Advocate General's Corps Officer.
6. Officer Community Managers (OCM) will identify designators and year
groups that are eligible to transfer a limited number of active duty officers
from their current community into the Judge Advocate General's Corps via LEP.
The OCM will ensure that all candidates meet eligibility guidelines prior to
releasing the applications to the board.
7. Point of contact for application procedures is Ms. Billie Colonna, CPPD,
at (850) 473-6061/DSN 753 or via e-mail at billie.colonna(at)navy.mil. For
all other program questions contact LCDR Geraldo Padilla, PERS-4416E, (901)
874-4084/DSN 882 or via e-mail at geraldo.padilla(at)navy.mil; or Ms. Jana
Rittman, PERS-4416I, (901) 874-4087/DSN 882 or via e-mail at
8. This message is cancelled for record purposes on 30 September 2015.
9. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//