R 091701Z MAY 17
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAY//
SUBJ/FY-17 ACTIVE COMPONENT AVIATION COMMAND RETENTION BONUS//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the continuation of the Aviation Command
Retention Bonus (ACRB). The ACRB is designed to retain for continued naval
service those officers with the talent and command experience in a primary
warfighting mission that is critical for the future of our institution.
2. ACRB applicants must be currently serving as a commanding officer (CO) of
an eligible operational (OP), operational training (OP-T), or special mission
(SM) O-5 command in order to apply.
Eligible commands are those OP, OP-T, and SM O-5 commands for which the
annual Aviation Command Screen Board selects officers to serve as COs,
excluding second-in-grade/sequential/bonus/fleet replacement squadron
commands. Eligibility to apply for the ACRB ends on the last day of command.
3. Post command commanders not on contract who served as CO of an eligible
OP, OP-T, or SM O-5 command between 1 October 2016 and the release date of
this NAVADMIN are eligible to apply within 30 days from release of this
NAVADMIN whereby signed contracts must be received by an Assistant Aviation
4. All ACRB contracts will be for 36,000 dollars. All eligible officers
will receive 18,000 dollars per year for 2 years of obligated service, which
is the 21ST and 22ND years of commissioned service. If an ACRB contract of
an officer is approved after completing 20 years of commissioned service,
then the ACRB obligation period begins on the date of contract approval and
ends 2 years later.
5. For specific details, eligibility, and application procedures visit the
Navy Personnel Command Aviation Career Continuation Pay website at
6. Points of contact are LCDR Trevor Hermann, who can be reached at
(901) 874-3484/DSN 882 or via e-mail at trevor.hermann(at)navy.mil, Ms.
Melinda Weeden, who can be reached at (901) 874-3964/DSN 882 or via e-mail at
melinda.weeden(at)navy.mil and Mr. Paul Boundy, who can be reached at (901)
874-3947/DSN 882 or via e-mail at paul.boundy(at)navy.mil.
7. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//